Since we opened our doors in 1930, the downtown Nix Medical Center has provided quality, personal healthcare for the people of South Texas. All of these services are available in one building:
- Nix Emergency Room
- A full range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services
- Exceptional primary care physicians and medical specialists
- Medical imaging, including MRI, CT, x-ray, mammography, among others
- Behavioral health services for adults 55 and older
- Even a cafeteria that has received rave reviews from food critics!
Centrally located at Vance Jackson and Loop 410, Nix Specialty Health Center provides behavioral health services and physical rehabilitation.
Nix Behavioral Health Services
- Psychiatric treatment, crisis stabilization, and medical detoxification for adults 18 to 55
- Treatment for emotionally and behaviorally troubled children and adolescents ages 5 to 17
- On-site assessments and crisis intervention 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Nix Physical Rehabilitation Services
- Help restore function in those who have suffered a debilitating stroke or injury
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies incorporated into a personalized care plan
- Family centered, team approach to treatment
Nix Alamo Heights on Broadway is a neighborhood medical center providing comprehensive services to the community.
- Primary care physicians and medical specialists
- Outpatient physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Comprehensive laboratory and medical imaging services
- Transportation from Nix Alamo Heights to Nix Medical Center, if additional services are needed
Whether leaving the hospital or a routine visit to the doctor, Nix Home Care can provide the care you need within the comforts of home.
- Skilled nursing care providing services for in-home recovery, including medication management, lab draws, and injections
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Resources for home health aides, social workers and equipment
- Psychiatric nursing care
Nix Health offers a wide variety of services at centers throughout San Antonio. Click on the link above to learn more.