Nix Physical Rehabilitation Services improves the quality of our patients’ lives by developing comprehensive, individualized treatment plans. Our team of skilled physical, occupational and speech therapists work together with one goal in mind: to provide excellent and personalized care to maximize patient outcomes.
Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation at Nix Specialty Health Center has excellent patient to staff ratios to ensure truly individualized care for our patients. In addition, it is our team’s priority to keep physicians, patients and family members informed on the progress.
Who can be helped by Physical Rehabilitation Services?
Physical rehabilitation is provided for patients who have suffered:
- Stroke (CVA), brain injury or spinal cord injury or dysfunctions
- Neurological disorders, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, and polyneuropathy
- Orthopedic Conditions, such as knee and hip replacements, and fractures
- Major multiple trauma
- Cardiac and pulmonary conditions
- Pain syndromes
- Other debilitating conditions
Our success rate is higher for patients who:
- Have the potential to improve functional skills
- Are able to participate in a comprehensive rehab program, 5 days per week, 3 hours a day, of physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy
- Require 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care
Our team of specialists is dedicated to helping patients and their families through the personalized plan of care. A full spectrum of rehabilitation services is provided:
- Onsite pre-admission assessment to determine eligibility for admission
- Medical management by a physician specializing and board certified in pain management, physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Nursing care specialized in rehabilitation
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Case management for patient and family support and discharge planning
- Neurology consultations available
- Internists and specialists available
- All private rooms
Making a Referral
Referrals may be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pre-admission assessments to determine a patient’s eligibility for admission are provided at no charge. Medicare and most insurance plans are accepted. To make a referral and request a patient assessment call (210) 579-3800.
- Are you or a loved one experiencing problems with frequent falls?
- Have you had a recent sports injury or recovering from orthopaedic surgery?
- Have you had a stroke and experiencing a decline in functional skills?
- Have you had a decline in cognition, problem solving and orientation?
- Do you experience problems with short term memory?
Our experienced team of physical, occupational and speech therapists are ready to assist. Ask your doctor to refer you to either of our two locations, Nix Medical Center or Nix Alamo Heights, for a complete evaluation.