Awards and Accolades
Throughout our 80 year history, Nix Health has received many honors and recognitions. We are proud of our hard-working employees, nursing staff and medical staff without whom we would not have achieved such high quality levels.
- Nix Health was awarded Get with the Guidelines Gold Achievement Award by the American Heart Association. The Gold Achievement Award is designated to facilities that have reached an aggressive goal of treating patients with coronary artery disease, heart failure or stroke with 85 % or higher compliance to core standards for at least 24 months.
- Nix Health is proud to be recognized as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip ReplacementSM by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, a Division of Health Care Service Corporation. By receiving this designation, Nix has demonstrated expertise in delivering quality knee and hip replacement by meeting objective, evidence-based criteria developed in collaboration with expert physicians and medical organizations' recommendations.*
- Nix Health has also been named an Institute of Quality Orthopaedic Care for Total Joint Replacement by Aetna, a national insurance leader. This designation is based on measures of clinical performance, access and efficiency for orthopaedic care in both inpatient and outpatient procedures.
- A national healthcare quality ratings and services company has awarded Nix Health's Orthopaedic Services Center 5 stars, their highest rating, for hip fracture repair and total knee replacement.
- Nix Health is Five Star Rated for Bariatric Surgery. Nix Health is also rated best in the San Antonio/Austin Area and ranked among the top 10 hospitals in Texas for overall bariatric surgery (*as defined by HealthGrades).
- The Nix Weight Loss Surgery Center is recognized as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by The American Society for Bariatric Surgery’s (ASBS).
- Nix Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center has been formally recognized as one of the top treatment facilities in the country, receiving accreditation with distinction from the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS).
- Café Navarro has been featured in the San Antonio Express-News Taste Section for its delicious meals. “Café Navarro at the Nix serves dishes that rise above most institutional food, and some of the dishes rival those of many restaurants.”
*Note: Designation as Blue Distinction Centers means these facilities' overall experience and aggregate data met objective criteria established in collaboration with expert clinicians' and leading professional organizations' recommendations. Individual outcomes may vary. To find out which services are covered under your policy at any facilities, please call your local Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield Plan.